CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Thanking God for Something

I am home sick trying to stay out of the rain!!


I was thinking about how many times this year I faced a personal challenge and decided I was going to stick it out and make it a victory, when I thought about it one of the things I was giving myself credit for happened last year!! I was giving myself a big ole pat on the back for surviving the diagnosis of my daughter with Cancer, she is fine now... and we made it through the whole thing but I don't rememeber when I realized it was over... and when I did I don't remember if I thanked GOD for the experience.


I know I thanked him for saving my daughter, I know I thanked him for giving me the strength, but I don't remember truly appreciating the experience. ‚ I remember saying "why me" and moaning about being put in such a horrible position... I just don't remember when I realized not only is my relationship stronger with my daughter, but with God. Since the day I got the news that my 3 year old needed surgery and might be crippled for life and the day they told me she had gone into remission and she went on to be a gymnast and ballerina... my faith has been increased, I have been increased.


That experience gave me the strength I needed to do all the things I have done since. So much has happened since she was diagnosed, and together we have grown tremendously through the experience, but I just don't remember thanking GOD for the experience... you can look at how bad a situation is and never be grateful for the lessons learned in the midst of it all. Now as I ascend from the valley (where I grew so much and prayed so hard to leave) I have to remind myself to be grateful for the experiences learned there... and to reflect occassionally on them in order to continue to appreciate the mountaintop experiences I am walking into now.


0 comments:

Powered By Blogger